domingo, 30 de junho de 2013
"TAKING POSSESSION OF DOUBLE PORTION"
2 Kings 2.1-14
- We must take possession of the double portion of the Holy Spirit, that is, the fullness of the Spirit, to live a life of achievement in the supernatural.
- The Father wants to give us more of his Spirit, for this to happen we need boldness, perseverance and willingness to seek him.
- Having the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit is not the same thing. You can live a Christian life Christian life natural or supernatural, it will all depend on your level of communion and relationship with God. However, only with the folded portion of the Wonderful Spirit is that you will have a lifetime of achievements in the supernatural and miracles.
- Consider the adverse situations that Elisha faced and their perseverance in their discipleship Elijah.
I - HOW TO WALK IN PERSEVERANCE ELIAS
a. Elisha was being treated in his character, the area layout and determination to do the will of the Lord: "And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry, because the Lord has sent me to Bethel. And Elisha said, 'As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, will not leave you. And so went down to Bethel. And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry, because the Lord has sent me to Jericho. But he said, 'As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, will not leave you. And so they came to Jericho. I told him, because Elijah Tarry, because the Lord hath sent me to Jordan. But he said, 'As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, will not leave you. And so both were together "(Vs.2, 4.6).
b. Elisha was being treated for his character in the area of obedience and faithfulness in following the Lord.
II - BELIEVE IN FRONT OF PERSEVERANCE UNBELIEF
- Elisha was willing to believe even in the face of unbelief of the disciples of the prophets - "There were fifty men of the sons of the prophets and stopped some distance from them and they two stood by Jordan. Then Elijah took his mantle, rolled it up and struck the waters, and they were divided on both sides, and both went dry "(vs.7, 8).
a. Unbelief generates curse (Num. 14.5-12).
b. Unbelief us away from the living God (Heb. 3:12).
c. Unbelief brings losses and blocks the fulfillment of God's promises in our lives (Matthew 13:58).
III - ELIZEU persevered BEFORE THE JORDAN
Every servant of God will face the Jordan River
- "There were fifty men of the sons of the prophets and stopped some distance from them and they two stood by Jordan. Then Elijah took his mantle, rolled it up and struck the waters, and they were divided on both sides, and both went dry "(vs.7, 8).
b. Before a big blessing will face the challenge of crossing the Jordan.
c. examples of Jordans that confront us:
- Jordan sickness (Isaiah 53:4-5, Isaiah 38.17).
- Jordan insecurity or indecisiveness (Psalm 25.12-14).
- Jordan Fear (Is 41:10; Js 1.9).
- Jordan's dismay
- Jordan financial difficulties (Phil 4:19).
- Jordan rift family (I John 3:8).
4. CHANGES AND CHANGES THAT OCCURRED IN THE LIFE OF ELIZEU
a. Received a double portion of Elijah's ministry (vs.9-14).
b. Completely resigned to the past - "took their clothes, and rent them in two pieces" (v.12b).
c. Went to live with a level of spiritual authority higher - "Then lifted the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and turning, stood at the edge of the Jordan. He took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the Lord God of Elijah? When he smote the waters, they parted to either side, and Elisha went over "(vs.13, 14).
d. The supernatural has become part of everyday life
- "The men of the city said unto Elisha, Behold, this town is well situated, as my lord seeth: but the water is naught, and the ground barren. He said, Bring me a new bowl, and put salt therein. And brought it. So he went to the spring of the waters, and cast the salt in there, and said, Thus saith the Lord: they became healthy waters, no longer will there death or barrenness. Were therefore healthier those waters, until this day, according to the word of Elisha which he said "(vs.19-22).
Do not settle for the spiritual life you have led, seek more of God, because this is the time to start living a higher spiritual level, and experience the supernatural God.