quinta-feira, 14 de maio de 2015

Renew your mind


Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, to be able to test and prove the good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12: 2)

I accepted Jesus as my Savior at age nine. I was aware of my sinful state and sought God's forgiveness through Jesus. Born of the Spirit at that time but I did not really understand what had happened in my life. I had no teaching, and so remained in darkness from a practical point of view, although the light was living in me.

When I was young, I went to church faithfully, I was baptized, I attended meetings of confirmation and did everything that I understood I needed to do, but never enjoyed a closeness and intimacy with God. I think there is a crowd of people who are in this position today and many others were well in the centuries that have passed.

Although I did the best I could to be "religious", I learned that Jesus did not die to give us religion; He died to give us a personal relationship with God through him and even through the power of the Holy Spirit, that He would send to die in every believer.

As I mentioned, I was born of the Holy Spirit, but I lacked the revelation of what that really meant. People can be very rich, but if they believe they are poor, their lives will not be different from the lives of those living in poverty. If people have a great heritage, but do not know it, they can not spend it.

The verse today tells us that God has a plan in mind for us. The His will for us is good and acceptable and perfect, but we need to completely renew our mind before we experience this good thing that God intended (see Romans 12: 1-2). We renew our minds and acquire new attitudes and new ideals studying the Word of God. We must learn to think like God thinks!

THE WORD OF GOD FOR YOU TODAY: think as God thinks!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Deixe uma mensagens, se gostou das postagens.

Observação: somente um membro deste blog pode postar um comentário.