segunda-feira, 14 de novembro de 2016

Do not Follow Your Heart!


If I do not forgive my friend until I feel desire to forgive ... I will never forgive.

If I am not kind to my neighbor until I feel at my heart to be kind ... I will never be kind.

If I do not pray for the lost until I feel the urge to pray ... I will never pray.

If I do not work hard until I feel desire in my heart to be diligent ... I will never be diligent.

If I do not serve in the church until I feel like serving ... I will never serve.

If I do not approach those who are different from me until I feel in my heart the desire to approach ... I will never approach.

If I am not patient with my children until I feel desire to be patient ... I will never be patient.

We live in a culture that sends us to follow our hearts. The Lord says, "Obey and your heart will follow." The glory of the Gospel is that God gives us power to do what we do not feel like doing. When it comes to following the Lord, feelings will most often follow obedience.

Do not follow your heart. Do not wait until you feel desire or are in order. By the power of the Spirit, obey God and trust that feelings will follow.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Deixe uma mensagens, se gostou das postagens.

Observação: somente um membro deste blog pode postar um comentário.