domingo, 21 de julho de 2013
Are You on the Battlefield (Ephesians 6:10-22)
- Paul wrote the letter to the Ephesians when he was imprisoned in Rome.
- His intention was to comfort those who knew of his prison, that doubts did not take account of your thoughts. EF: 3.13
(But God called Paul to preach the gospel, because it is stuck?)
(But God has blessed me, because I'm having problems?)
Ephesians 1.3 - God has blessed us with all sorts of spiritual blessings in heavenly places, we would put opponents on our walk.
- And our enemies would not carnal, but spiritual.
- Then Paul warns us to be careful a Christian life, because all armor is needed to address the oppositions Satanic arise because Satan tries to keep us from advancing in our Christian race.
- We must keep in mind that Jesus did not bring us out of the world to be punching bags devil.
- We were called to the army of God, ie, we are soldiers of YOUR army. To combat the evil and proclaim the good news to the world.
You are in the middle of the battlefield, choose your option:
1 Samuel 17:4-21: David was in the middle of the battlefield and chose to fight.
Fight as a soldier or keep running for the rest of his life.
You are a soldier of the army of God.
- So today, we must wake up to the spiritual battle that has already begun.
- Spiritual warfare is similar to a Spiritual Warfare.
Sports, volleyball, basketball, football, always have a gap to breathe when the ball goes out, for example.
- In the sport of wrestling has no breath, no inattention is fatal.
In our life there is different because SPIRITUAL BATTLE equals a fight. For Satan does not let us breathe to continue to attack. Any our inattention, he seizes.
Most often, people are not seeing where the attack comes even more difficult.
We must be constantly vigilant and spiritual eyes wide open, because the weapons he uses are the most dishonest possible.
- Satan is the adversary that can be dirtier.
- He is the one opponent that when the wrestler falls to the ground, it goes up and continues beating mercilessly.
The more dishonest is better for him.
We must be vigilant. For the battle has begun, and God called us to be part of His army. You are a soldier of the army of God.
3 Attitudes of a Soldier of the Army of God.
Respects superior orders.
a) God sends strengthen us in His strength. (Eph: 6:10)
- Seeking God at all times
- 2 Corinthians 12: 7? 10 (Let us seek the grace of God)
- Joel 3.10
b) God tells us to stand firm. (EF: 6, 11,13,14)
- Three times Paul repeats the same thing (You are strong) because the devil wants to weaken us.
- Who is HE will strengthen us, hold on.
c) God sends us put on the whole armor of God. (Eph: 6:11) The
- We should seek every day the Holy Spirit
- Fruit of the Spirit (who has a has all)
- Dons will be spilled according to our need.
Is always ready for war.
a) The good soldier carries the right weapons. (Eph: 6:11)
- Breastplate of righteousness (protects the heart)
- Wearing the feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace (language)
- Shield of Faith (protects against darts)
- Helmet of Salvation (protects the mind)
b) The good soldier knows his opponent.
- If we know ourselves and to know our enemy, fight 100 battles and win them all.
- If we know ourselves, and we do not know our enemy, fight 100 battles and win some.
- If we do not know ourselves and we do not know our enemy, fight 100 battles and lose all.
c) The Good Soldier has spiritual eyes.
- Ef: 6.12 (We must ask God to open our eyes)
- Remove the sale (because with no one sees selling your enemy attack)
- In the eyes must have spiritual ears (for the enemy constantly tries to distort the truth)
Knows that the best defense is attack.
a) The Christian soldier knows how to attack.
- Ef: 6.17 B - Preaching the word to others.
- Eph 6: 18 A - Praying without ceasing. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Using the correct ammunition (BLOOD OF JESUS)
No use trying to cheat, thinking that the devil will not attack you. Because his enemy is God, and therefore all those who serve.
We must be vigilant at all times, because it is not a joke, but a fight where our enemy spares no effort to attack us.
Never despair as our commander is Christ and He will not leave us alone in this SPIRITUAL BATTLE. (Eph 1,3).